AUTISM CENTER PROGRAMS FOR UCSB STUDENTS
The Koegel Autism Center has several programs that students can access for support. We are located at the corner of El Colegio and Ocean Roads. For all programs below, please contact our Clinic Coordinators at 805-893-2049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Programs are the following, with more detail below:
• Adult Personal, Vocational, Social and Adjustment (PVSA) Services: Provides support to students on social skills, time management/organization and daily living skills
• Assessment Clinic: Offers comprehensive diagnostic assessments
• Various ongoing clubs that are open to current clients
We offer a free 4 hour per week program for autistic adults to receive support in obtaining a degree in higher education and/or obtaining a job. The program is funded by the Department of Rehabilitation and called Personal, Vocational, Social and Adjustment (PVSA) Services. It is currently being offered in-person with the option of telehealth if indicated. The clients meets 1 hour per week with a graduate student clinician and 3 hours per week with a UCSB undergraduate Peer Mentor.
Goals usually include:
• Social skills, attend social events, develop social connections in the campus community
• Improve time management
• Organization of daily schedule
• Practical tasks involved with success in college
• Independent living skills
• Live locally in Santa Barbara
• Have a documented diagnosis of Autism OR complete our “Are you a good fit for our program” 2-hour in-person screening that has a fee of $100. The screening does not provide a medical diagnosis of Autism but would provide access to the free service if the student’s goals fit with the program.
• Become a Consumer of the Department of Rehabilitation and meet their eligibility criteria (we can help facilitate this)
• Ability to come to sessions at the Autism Center (with clinicians) and UCSB campus/community with Peer Mentors
If you are interested in the Department of Rehabilitation or Private Pay PVSA Adult Services please fill out your information here! You will then be contacted for a phone screen.
Note: For more information on our services, please contact Kaylin Russell at email@example.com
Private pay option: This program is also available through private pay for residents of California only.
Koegel Autism Center’s Creative Club is a community of endlessly kind and supportive neurodivergent adults and allies that meets once a week to share experiences, inspiration, and time with one another. This is a group of individuals expressing originality through consistent creativity and the formation of community. There are no prerequisites to attend Creative Club.